Practice Interviewing in 10 Easy Steps
Activating your InterviewStream account
- Go to br.psu.interviewstream.com and click on the right side of the page
- Click "Create an Account"
- Fill in the fields as prompted and then click "Register"
If you don’t have access to a computer with a webcam and microphone you can use a Media Commons computer in the library.
Conducting an Interview
- From the User Dashboard, click "Conduct Interview"
- If you want a pre-built interview you can select any of the ones listed
- If you want to customize an interview click the "Customize Your Own Interview" button
- For a class assignment, select the interview with your instructor’s name and course number.
- For a customized interview, open the major category folders for questions to find areas of interest. Once you find a question you like, click it and it will be added to your interview (10 questions max at a time)
- Follow the instructions for setting up the Flash Player, microphone (move the blue slider until your volume level reaches above the orange line), and webcam. Once that is completed you will be prompted to begin the interview.
- Once you have selected your interview, the interviewer will give you a brief introduction. When the interview begins there will be a 3-2-1 countdown to camera live.
- You will NOT see yourself on the screen.
- After each question you will be given the options to review your answer, re-record your answer (up to two times) and continue.
- After you have completed the interview click submit and a prompt will appear allowing you to view the interview, go to your homepage, or logout.
- Click “View Interviews” and then choose which interview you would like to review
- You can use the manual counter to keep track of filler words or you can do a self-assessment
- All interviews are reviewed by the Career Services counselor and feedback e-mailed to you; you can also have other people view and assess your interview by sending them the URL
- Use the “Umm/Like” counter to see how often filler words are used in conversation!