Services For Employers
Forming a partnership with the Penn State Beaver Career Services Center will help you to connect with our students and meet your recruitment needs. We provide personalized service to simplify your campus relations program and the recruitment process.
If you're interested in our services and/or need information about any of the following employer services, please contact CareerServicesBeaver@psu.edu, 724-773-3961 and Stephanie DeMaro, regional job and internship developer, 724-773-3953.
Online Job and Internship Postings
Employers can register with the Nittany Lion Career Network to post employment, internship, and/or co-op opportunities online. This service is free to employers and features a searchable database of student resumes.
To post open positions and search for candidates, please register and/or log in at Nittany Lion Career Network.
We'll work together to analyze your situation and recommend the best course of action for your organization. We offer two primary methods of on-campus recruitment:
- Information Table: We invite you to recruit students and promote employment openings by reserving an information table on campus. We'll work with you to select a time and campus location that will create the most visibility for your organization.
- On-Campus Interviews: We invite you to use our campus facilities to interview our students for employment and internship opportunities. We'll coordinate and schedule your interviews with the candidates you select.
- Post the position on Nittany Lion Career Network.
- Screen and select Penn State candidates you wish to interview.
- Send us an email with your list of selected candidates and the date you’d like to conduct interviews on campus.
- We'll reserve the facilities, contact the candidates, and schedule the interviews.
We work in tandem with our academic departments to meet the internship needs of students and employers. Internships can be full or part-time, paid or unpaid, and can be used for academic credit or as an unpaid method of exploration.
Internship openings can be posted on Nittany Lion Career Network or emailed to CareerServicesBeaver@psu.edu, student personal and career counselor. If emailing the position, please include your business or organization's name, the position title, a brief job description, the pay rate (if applicable), and the application process. We'll post the position on Nittany Lion Career Network and distribute it to the appropriate academic departments.
If you're interested in starting an internship program, we can help. For information about building or enhancing an internship program at your business or organization, please visit Starting and Maintaining a Quality Internship Program.
Getting Involved and Connecting with Students
Employers are a valuable and informative resource for our students. We offer several ways for your organization to get involved and connect with students. Please contact us to learn more about the following activities:
- Classroom Presentations: Faculty members welcome professionals into classrooms to talk about their experiences.
- Student Club Presentations: Visit an on-campus meeting of a student organization to discuss career-related topics.
- Panels and Workshops: Participate in speaker panels and workshops to educate students about your career field.
- Mock Interviews: Help students enhance their interviewing skills by participating in our Mock Interview Program.
- Job Shadowing: Help students gain valuable insight by hosting them at your place of employment.
- Mentoring: Offer a student your guidance and expertise about your career field.
Our campus participates in the following Career Fairs:
WestPACS Career Fair: Penn State’s career fair for the southwestern Pennsylvania region is the WestPACS Career Fair which is held every fall and spring semester in the Pittsburgh area. For details and registration information, please visit WestPACS.org.
Penn State University Park Career Days: Penn State University Park hosts a series of Career Fairs every semester. To learn more, please visit Penn State Career Fair.
About Penn State Beaver and Our Students
More than 800 students are enrolled at Penn State Beaver.
We offer the following degree programs:
- Administration of Justice
- Psychology, B.A.
- Psychology, B.S.
- Information Sciences and Technology
- Nursing (RN to BS in Nursing - Degree Completion Program)
Penn State in Western Pennsylvania
In addition to the Beaver campus, Penn State's Western Pennsylvania locations include Penn State DuBois, Penn State Fayette, Penn State Greater Allegheny, Penn State New Kensington, and Penn State Shenango. These campuses collaborate on initiatives and work together to provide employer services.
Working with all six campuses will expand your candidate pool as well as increase your organization's visibility.
To discuss your regional options and learn more about our regional employer services, please contact:
Regional Job and Internship Developer
Job Posting/Company Verification Disclaimer
Read the full disclaimer which describes the shared responsibility among Penn State Career Services (including University Park and Commonwealth Campus career offices) and internship/job seekers in researching and identifying potential concerns about the legitimacy of employers and their respective postings.
- Career Services for Students
- Other Career Services