Searching for a job can be a frustrating and time-consuming process, and it takes a commitment of time and energy. Some people will advise you, in fact, that searching for a job IS a full-time job.
The Career Center strongly encourages students to register with Nittany Lion Career Network where students and alumni can search for jobs and post their resumes. This site is highly recommended by Career Services.
If you have questions or need information, please contact CareerServicesBeaver@psu.edu, stop by our office in Suite 101, Student Union Building, or call 724-773-3961.
Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and by appointment.
General Job Search Sites
Career Specific Sites
Information Sciences and Technology
Administration of Justice
State and Local Employment Agencies
Each state has a government-sponsored employment agency to assist residents who are searching for employment. In addition, there are private agencies that offer short and long-term employment opportunities. Be sure to research each agency thoroughly to understand potential fees and policies for involvement with the agency.
- State and Local Government Opportunities
- PA Career Link
- American Staffing Association - Find a Staffing Company
How to Research Salary Information
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- NACE Salary Survey - Available in the Career Library
- Penn State Postgraduation Activities
- Glassdoor.com gives you an inside look at company reviews, interview questions, and salary information for thousands of companies.