Digital Signage System and Student Listserv
Digital Signage System
The Digital Signage System uses PowerPoint slides to inform the campus community of upcoming events, programs, and activities. Digital display units are located in the following areas: Brodhead Bistro, Gary B. Keefer Wellness Center, General Classroom Building, Gymnasium, Harmony Hall residence hall lobby, Laboratory Classroom Building, Library, Michael Baker Science and Engineering Building, Ross Administration Building, and Student Union Building (upper and lower lobbies).
Submission Guidelines for Digital Signage System and Student Listserv
All information and advertisements pertaining to an event(s) must be submitted for the Student Listserv or Digital Signage System by 5:00 p.m. at least one Wednesday before the event(s) is scheduled to take place. Please submit your information as follows:
Student Listserv: Offices should use the guidelines below to ensure quality of messages. Student organizations may send an email that includes the information below to Jennifer Toof, coordinator of student activities and residence life, 724-773-3947.
Digital Signage: Please send a PowerPoint 2003 or jpg slide with the following information to Jennifer Toof.
The slide must be 15 inches wide by 8.3 inches high. Complete instructions are available by clicking here (pdf file). If you have any questions, please contact Jill Bender, staff assistant, Office of Residence Life, 724-773-3959. .
- Only one announcement per event will be posted. Examples are:
- Last day to register for spring classes is (day and date). To register, please go to (location) from (time) to (time).
- SGA elections will be held (day and date) in the (location) from (time) to (time).
- Congratulations to the Beaver men's basketball team for a winning season!
- Join the Outdoors Club! We meet every Monday at (time) in the (location).
- Women's softball vs. Penn State Greater Allegheny - Final Score: Beaver 7, Greater Allegheny 3
- Men's soccer vs. Penn State DuBois - Final Score: Beaver 3, DuBois 2
- The following information must be contained and written as follows in bold in all event announcements:
- Name of event
- Day and date of event (Monday, March 18)
- Time (Noon to 2:00 p.m.)
- Location (If needed, please include rain site.)
- Description and/or event details (John Smith is an outstanding musician who has drawn standing-room only crowds across the country. The campus community is invited to attend this free event.)
- Event sponsor (group or person)
- Indicate if the Student Activity Fee (SAF) is being used for this event
Penn State encourages qualified persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities.
If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about physical access provided at Penn State Beaver, please contact Jill Tress, learning center and disabilities services coordinator, 724-773-3867, in advance of your visit.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other protected groups. For more information, visit Nondiscrimination: http://guru.psu.edu/policies/ AD85.html
- Student Activities