Penn State Beaver’s annual Penn State Day 2013 celebration will be held Friday and Saturday, Oct. 25 and 26, with the following schedule:
Friday, Oct. 25
Blue and White Spirit Day on Campus
- All students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to wear blue and white and/or Penn State apparel.
- There will be a bonfire at dusk behind Harmony Hall residence hall. Free s’mores and hot apple cider will be provided.
Saturday, Oct. 26
Admissions Open House, 9:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., Student Union Building
- Prospective students will tour the campus, learn about academic programs, financial aid, and extracurricular activities, and will speak with current students.
Intramural Flag Football Championship Game, 10:00 a.m., Intramural field behind the gym
Campus Carnival, Noon - 3:30 p.m., Lawn, Center of Campus. (In the event of inclement weather, all events will be held in the gym)
- The public is invited to enjoy inflatable games, cotton candy, kettle corn, and novelty attractions.
Cornhole Tournament - 3:30 - 5:30 p.m., Lawn, Center of Campus (In the event of inclement weather, the tournament will be held in the gym.)
Alumni vs. Beaver Men’s and Women’s Varsity Basketball Teams, 5:30 p.m., Gym
- Penn State Beaver alumni will take on the Beaver campus men’s varsity basketball team, followed by the women's varsity team.
Blue and White Tailgate / Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Ohio State Buckeyes Football Game
8:00 p.m., Brodhead Bistro Courtyard (Check back here for an indoor location in the event of inclement weather.)
- Free stadium foods will be offered before and during the game.
For information about the Open House, contact the Admissions Office at email@example.com or 1-877-JOIN-PSU. For information about the weekend activities, contact Jennifer Toof, coordinator of student activities and residence life, 724-773-3947.
Penn State encourages qualified persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities.
Individuals or groups who anticipate the need for specific types of accommodations or who have questions about physical access at Penn State Beaver are asked to contact Jill Tress, learning center and disabilities services coordinator, 724-773-3867, prior to visiting campus.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other protected groups. For more information, visit nondiscrimination at http://guru.psu.edu/policies/ AD85.html.
- Student Activities
- Student Services
- Housing and Food Services