Home Campus Directory | A-Z Index

Resident Assistants (RAs)

Resident Assistants (RAs) are responsible for maintaining the safety and security of students living in Harmony Hall, our campus residence hall, which houses more than 200 students.

While RAs help students adjust to life on campus and within the Penn State system, they also work closely with residence life coordinators to create healthy living and learning environments that promote student growth and development.

The duties of an RA include performing nightly rounds of Harmony Hall and surrounding areas from 9:00 p.m. through the end of visitation hours. 

To reach an on-duty staff member, please call 724-480-6245 to contact an RA, or call 724-683-0245 to contact the Coordinator. Please be aware that these phones do NOT receive text messages; you must call.

In addition, RAs are responsible for implementing programs that meet the year-round needs of Harmony Hall residents. Frequently, these events are coordinated through the Office of Student Activities and the Athletic Department. Many programs are held on campus, but some are designed to take students off campus to enjoy diverse activities in and around the Pittsburgh area.

If you're interested in becoming an RA, or if you'd like more information, please contact Parker Goolsby, residence life coordinator, at 724-773-3952, or Amy Gartley, associate director of student affairs, 724-773-3956.

Current Resident Assistants
2013-2014 Academic Year

Brent Coleman-Mitchell

Jessica Findling

Maura Francis

Trey Trieschock

Resident Assistants - Roles, Responsibilities, and Expectations