Continuing Education will offer operations, process improvement courses
The Penn State Beaver Office of Continuing Education will offer four programs to improve skills in operations and process improvement as well as the fundamental concepts of project management, Lean, and Six Sigma.
The programs, which begin in February, are regarded as a cornerstone of efficient business and manufacturing process design. In addition, the programs will help students prepare for an associate project management certificate, Lean certification, or Six Sigma Green Belt.
Courses needed for:
Associate Project Management Certification Exam:
- Essentials of Project Management – I
- Essentials of Project Management - II
Lean Certification Exam:
- Lean for the Workplace
- Professional Lean
- Applying Instructor Principles for Lean Implementation
Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Exam
- Analyzing Problems
- Statistics for Operational Improvement
- Structured Problem Solving/FMEA
- Continuous Process Improvement
- Statistical Process Control
Process Mapping for the Business Analyst explores flow mapping, SIPOC diagrams, and process decomposition (NoUML content).
For information about the programs, contact the Office of Continuing Education at 724-773-3700 or BeaverCE@psu.edu.