Penn State Human Resource Development Center Programs
Improving Email Communications
During this 2-hour program, participants will explore their own email style and preferences and discuss best practices for effective email communication. Topics covered will include aspects of formatting, improving writing skills, setting the tone, use of other tools (attachments, cc:, priority) and general considerations related to email use.
By the end of this program you will:
- Be familiar with best practices for formatting and sending/distributing your emails.
- Understand how your writing choices and style affect your email communication success and be able to identify and avoid common pitfalls.
- Recognize when to use alternative communication formats.
Who should attend
This program is designed for individuals seeking to become more effective with their email communication
Penn State New Kensington
051 Conference Center
Conference Center Building
Friday, October 9, 2015
10 a.m. to noon
- Sign in using your Penn State Access Account.
- Underneath the program title, you will see a series of blue buttons; click the button that says ‘REQUEST’
- This message will appear, “This training is not available to you. You may submit an exception request for administrative approval if you would like permission to attend. Do you want to continue?” Click ‘Yes.’
- A questionnaire will appear asking if you require any Reasonable Accommodations to participate in the session. Type “yes” or “no.” If yes, indicate the specific Reasonable Accommodations. Then, click SUBMIT.
If you have any trouble registering, please contact Kiersten Reed, Workplace Learning and Performance, firstname.lastname@example.org 814-863-7897
- Faculty and Staff Resources