Home Campus Directory | A-Z Index

Who is a transfer student?

  • A student who has graduated from high school and
  • Attempted 18 or more semester hours of college coursework after high school graduation.

Why transfer to Penn State Beaver?

Some students are currently at a university or college that's either a poor fit or doesn't offer a desired major. Other students may need to leave their current institution, but plan to continue their education. In addition, there are students who were previously enrolled in college several years ago and now wish to return. Regardless of the reasons, many students choose to transfer to Penn State Beaver. 

Evaluate Transfer Credits Online

Degrees and Minors


Frequently Asked Questions

Here are answers to frequently asked questions by transfer students about Penn State Beaver. Learn more »

Go to Admissions

How to apply to Penn State Beaver

Step 1

Explore this website to review degrees, certificates, and course offerings.

Step 2

Send all official transcripts to:
Penn State Beaver
Admissions Office
100 University Drive
Monaca, PA 15061

Your official transcripts may include:

  • High school transcript or GED
  • Any prior college transcripts
  • Military transcripts, copy of DD214

Step 3

Schedule a visit to speak with a Beaver admissions counselor and tour our beautiful campus. It's best to schedule a visit after all of your transcripts have been received by the Admissions Office. To obtain more information or schedule an appointment, please contact us toll-free at 1-877-JOIN-PSU or br-admissions@psu.edu.

Step 4

You can apply for admission to Penn State Beaver online, or you can request a hard copy application by emailing us at br-admissions@psu.edu.

Step 5

Apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Penn State’s FASFA code is 003329.