Congratulations! This is an exciting time for you as you prepare to come to Penn State Beaver. Your offer of admission is a big part of that journey, but your job isn't over. Now that you have your offer letter in hand, there are several steps you need to take, starting with accepting the offer.
Timeline for Next Steps
Accept Your Offer
February - May
You can accept your offer of admission by logging onto http://admissions.psu.edu and accepting through your MyPennState account or by visiting campus and paying at the Finance and Business office.
Acceptance Fee: $230
Housing Fee: $100 - Sign housing contract
Note: The housing fee is only for students who plan to live on campus.
Now that you've accepted your offer of admission, there are some other things you'll need to take care of before you begin classes at Penn State Beaver.
- Apply for financial aid. There's plenty of information in the financial aid section of the site. To apply for financial aid, go to FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Apply for scholarships. You can find information on our scholarship pages and by searching the Internet.
- Get ready. First-year students are required to participate in NSO (New Student Orientation) and New Student Day. Both will help you get ready to attend Penn State Beaver. You'll receive detailed information about both events ahead of time.
- Know when to be here. First day of classes? Long weekends? Spring break? December-January holidays? Find out more about all important dates in 2015-2016; just visit the academic calendar.
- Buy your books. You can get your books and your Penn State gear at the Penn State Beaver bookstore.
- Buy discounted computer software. As a Penn State student, you're eligible for discounts on certain computer software. To see what's available, visit Software @ Penn State.
If you have questions about how to go from receiving your offer letter to starting your first day of classes at Penn State Beaver, please contact an admissions counselor. We're here to help you!
- Nontraditional Students
- Financial Aid