Home Campus Directory | A-Z Index

Important information for international students at Penn State Beaver

Hotel Accommodations

If you plan to arrive at Penn State Beaver prior to the official International First-Year Student Move-In date of Tuesday, August 16, 2016, or if you have family members traveling with you, please see the list of hotel accommodations.

Learn more »

Support for International Students

As an incoming international student at Penn State Beaver, you might have question or concerns or need information prior to your arrival on campus. Please contact us with any questions.

Please contact:
Jill Bender
Office of Student Development
Student Union Building 101


International Student Move-In Information

When may I move into Harmony Hall residence hall? To what address should I ship packages?

Learn more about international student move-in »

Immunization Requirements

As part of your per-matriculation requirements, you'll need to comply with immunization requirements. New students will receive information with instructions about how to access this site after arriving at Penn State.

Learn more about immunization requirements »

International Student Health Insurance

Health insurance is MANDATORY for all international students. 

Learn more about international student health insurance »

Harmony Hall Residence Hall / Brodhead Bistro Closings

Harmony Hall and the Brodhead Bistro are closed during campus breaks. Students must leave the residence hall to go home or go to alternative housing. For off-campus housing options, please click on "Learn more".

Learn more about campus closings »


In some cases, transportation is available for international students living on campus.

Learn more about transportation »

PNC Bank - Open a Checking Account

Make your life on campus easier with worry-free student banking from PNC Bank! With an ATM (Automated Teller Machine) located conveniently on campus, PNC Bank makes banking easy for Penn State Beaver students. Find out more about PNC Bank »

Prepaid Cell Phones

While you're here, you'll want to stay connected to family and friends. Many international students use prepaid cell phones which require no commitment and no contract.

Obtaining a Social Security Card

Students who are hired to work on campus, must first obtain a Social Security Card.  Please visit Jill Bender at jmt226@psu.edu for assistance.

Pennsylvania Driver's License

Learn how you can obtain a Pennsylvania driver's license.

Learn more about how to obtain a Pennsylvania driver's license »